• Commentary on the Gospel: Christ the King: Commentary on the Gospel for the Solemnity of Christ the King (Year C). The Gospel of the Mass on this solemnity presents us with the scene of Christ’s agony on the Cross, amid derision on the part of the bystanders and with the inscription declaring him ironically as king of the Jews: Christ’s kingdom is mysterious and hidden in this scene.
• Christ, King of the Universe: A brief text to meditate on this feast in the context of the liturgical year.
• May the Madonna help us to seek every day the truth of Jesus, King of the Universe, who liberates us from earthly slavery and teaches us to govern our vices.: Angelus of Pope Francis on the solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe (2021) (2021)
• "Our strength lies in prayer": An excerpt from a pastoral letter of Blessed Alvaro del Portillo, sent during Advent 1990, about the consecration of Opus Dei to the Most Sacred and Merciful Heart of Jesus on the feast of Christ the King.
• Preparing for the Feast of Christ the King: A meditation by Father Thomas Bohlin. At the end of November, we celebrate the Feast of Christ the King. Jesus is the one who will come at the end of the time to judge the living and the dead. We want Christ to reign in the world and in our hearts. Only this king can bring true peace to the world. We pray, Jesus, your kingdom come.
This meditation is part of the podcast "Meditations in Manhattan." You can subscribe to that podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or wherever you listen to your podcasts.