Saturday, 18 May 2019
- 11:00 am. Holy Mass of Beatification at the Palacio Vistalegre Arena, presided over by Cardinal Angelo Becciu.
- 7:00 p.m. Meeting with Monsignor Fernando Ocáriz, prelate of Opus Dei, at Palacio Vistalegre Arena.
Sunday, 19 May 2019
- 12:00 pm. Holy Mass of Thanksgiving at the Palacio Vistalegre Arena, presided over by Monsignor Fernando Ocáriz, Prelate of Opus Dei.
These three acts will take place at the Palacio Vistalegre Arena. It is a multipurpose stadium, originally a bullring, located in the neighborhood of Vista Alegre, in the district of Carabanchel (Madrid). The address is Calle Matilde Hernández, 100.
The doors will be opened two hours before the start of each event. Participants are kindly requested to come with enough time to occupy their seats when the event begins.
All attendees must have a specific entrance to enter Vistalegre. The tickets are numbered and must be presented, in paper format, at the entrance and kept until the exit. For reasons of security, it is discouraged to access the site with suitcases, large backpacks and food.
Both the liturgical ceremonies and the meeting with the prelate of Opus Dei will be in Spanish. A simultaneous translation service in English and French will be available for those who need it.
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- 7:00 p.m. Holy Mass of Thanksgiving at the Basilica of Saint Eugene, presided over by Monsignor Fernando Ocáriz, Prelate of Opus Dei.
GETTING TO VISTALEGRE: Attendees are encouraged to arrive using the following means of public transportation:
- Metro: "Vista Alegre" (line 5) and "Oporto" (line 6).
- Buses (EMT): Lines: 34, 35, 47 and 341 Taxi or VTC
People with a special ticket for reduced mobility can go by car and use the Hipercor Parking Garage located under Vistalegre Arena. This garage has an elevator exit to Utebo Street and from there, through ramps, you can access the designated handicap accessible entrance. For any questions, you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALSO IN MADRID
- Pilgrims can also go to pray before Guadalupe's tomb at the Oratory of the Knight of Grace. (Gran Vía 17/ Caballero de Gracia 5, Madrid).
- An exhibition about Guadalupe, with some her personal belongings, can be visited at the Tajamar School (Pío Felipe 12, Madrid) from May 14-30.
- On the website www.guadalupe19.org, you can request guided tours of the places where Guadalupe lived and worked.
If you wish to support the costs of Guadalupe's beatification, you can make a donation to: Álvaro del Portillo Memory Association
EN59 2100 3059 9822 0101 9501
Or you can make a donation through Paypal here.
Who is organizing Guadalupe's beatification?
Guadalupe's beatification ceremony is organized by the Congregation for the Causes of Saints and will be presided over by the Pontifical Legate, Cardinal Angelo Becciu. The material management of the beatification event falls to the "Memoria Álvaro del Portillo Association", which aims to contribute to the knowledge and dissemination of the life and writings of Blessed Álvaro del Portillo and other faithful of the Opus Dei Prelature. This Association will ensure the sustainability of the beatification.
What is a beatification?
A beatification is an official declaration, on the part of the Pope, of the Christian example given by a person's life. As soon as someone is declared blessed, the Church authorizes their veneration in a portion of the people of God (for example, in their diocese, in the institution to which they belonged, etc.), as a sign of universality in diversity. In 2018, the Church celebrated 20 beatifications around the world.