Priests from all over the world speak about the Priestly Society of the Holy Cross, an association of clergy intrinsically united to the Prelature of Opus Dei. Its aim is to promote holiness among secular priests through the exercise of their ministry in the service of the Church.
The historian Santiago Martínez talks about three early members of the Priestly Society of the Holy Cross, founded by Saint Josemaría in 1943. Today its members number more than 4,000 clergy all around the world.
The Priestly Society of the Holy Cross stems from St. Josemaría’s love for diocesan priests and from the foundational event that took place on October 2, 1928, when our Lord made him “see” Opus Dei. The specific origin of the Priestly Society, however, occurred some years later, in 1943.